Valladolid airport (Villanubla) is mainly served by domestic flights. Only one international connection with Paris is on schedule. Therefore flying to Madrid may be more convenient.
All flights land at Barajas International Airport, which has separate national and international terminals. Travel to Medina del Campo can be continued by train or bus.
Trains leave from Chamartín railway station. Exit from the airport terminal and follow one of these possibilities:
1) By taxi. A run from the airport to Chamartín railway station costs around 2000 pts (US$14.00). There is usually no problem in getting a taxi at the indicated posts. We advise you not to accept offers from taxi drivers inside the airport building.
2) By bus and underground. Buses travel between the airport and Plaza de Colón in downtown Madrid every 10-15 minutes, from 5 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. The trip takes about 3/4 of an hour when traffic is not too congested; during rush hours one should allow for more than an hour. A one-way ticket costs around 360 pts. The two underground stations closest to the airport bus terminal are Colón and Serrano. Chamartín station has an underground station as well.
3) I think the new underground connection to Barajas is already working. It is line 8 (pink) Check the underground information.
The Madrid-Medina train trip takes about 2 hours and a half depending on the type of train. Up-to-date information about timetables and prices can be found on the RENFE web page.
Buses leave from "Auto-Res"
bus station. Exit from the airport terminal and follow one of these
1) By taxi. A run from the airport to "Auto-Res" bus station costs around 2000 pts (US$14.00).
2) By bus and underground. You should reach Plaza de Colón and board the underground at Serrano or Colón station as previously indicated. The nearest underground stop to "Auto-Res" bus station is Conde de Casal.
The Madrid-Medina bus trip takes about 1.45 hours. A one-way ticket costs around 1300 pts (US$9.00). Return tickets allow for some saving.
All flights arrive at Villanubla Airport. Travel to Medina del Campo can be continued by train or bus.
Get a taxi at the airport terminal and go to Valladolid railway station. The Valladolid-Medina train trip takes about 20/30 minutes. Up-to-date information about timetables and prices can be found on the RENFE web page.
Get a taxi at the airport terminal and go to Valladolid bus station. The trip Valladolid-Madina takes about 1 hour. A one-way ticket costs around 400 pts (US$2.80). Return tickets allow for some saving.
Finally, for those of you that will travel form Madrid to Valladolid and viceversa, there are two options:
1) By train (check the RENFE web page for schedules).
2) By bus. The company ALSA has buses Valladolid Madrid and viceversa each hour, from 7:30 in the morning to 11:30 in the evening. They leave from (or arrive at) Estacion Sur in Madrid (the nearest metro station is Mendez Alvaro) and arrive at (or leave from) the Bus Station in Valladolid.
Back to Main page