A Jesuit college at the begining, its construction was started about in 1553. San Juan de la Cruz (St. John of the Cross) studied here. The church contains three fine altarpieces at the upper end, and beside the sacristy there is a small chapel with a remarkable collection of 17th century carved reliquaries. In 1968 it was declared a listed building.
Back to main page