Airport (Villanubla) is mainly served by domestic flights, only a few
international connections with
All flights land at Barajas International Airport. Travel to Medina del Campo can be continued by train or bus.
Trains leave from Chamartín railway station. Exit from the airport terminal and follow one of these possibilities:
1) By taxi: A run from the airport to Chamartín railway station costs around 20 euros. There is usually no problem in getting a taxi at the indicated posts. We advise you not to accept offers from taxi drivers inside the airport building.
2) By underground: line 8 (pink) connect Barajas (terminals 1 and 4) with Nuevos Ministerios and from there line 10 (dark blue) will take you to Chamartin Check the underground information.
The Madrid-Medina train trip takes about 2 hours and a half depending on the type of train. Up-to-date information about timetables and prices can be found on the RENFE web page. (Please notice that in the main page there is a button to select language in case you are not familiar enough with Spanish) (also remember to check that the timetables are updated for the dates of your trip) .
Buses leave from "Auto-Res" bus station. Exit from the airport terminal and
follow one of these possibilities:
The nearest underground stop to "Auto-Res" bus station is Conde de Casal.
The Madrid-Medina bus trip takes about 1.45 hours. A one-way ticket costs around 9 euros. Return tickets allow for some saving.
All flights arrive at
Get a taxi at the airport
terminal and go to
Get a taxi at the airport terminal and go to Valladolid bus station. The bus company that does the trip Valladolid Medina is La Regional V.S.A. The trip Valladolid-Medina takes about 1 hour.
Finally, for those of you
that will travel from
1) By train (check the RENFE web page for schedules) (I insist, don’t miss the language selection button in the main page and check that the timetables are updated for the dates of your trip) Now most of the trains that do this trip are high speed trains (AVE) and take a bit more than one hour to connect Madrid and Valladolid. Also booking well in advance will give the possibility of getting interesting discounts in the ticket prices. Check all the possibilities in the RENFE web page.
2) By bus. The company ALSA has buses
Other sources of travel information
Finally, the next web page
contains useful information in general about transportation in
Here you can find also a web page with information about how to travel to Medina del Campo http://www.turismomedina.net/TurismoMedina/Como%20llegar
Phone numbers that might be useful:
· VILLANUBLA AIRPORT: (+34) 983 415 500